Sunday, June 20, 2004

Grammar

America, I beg you: please stop teaching your children the very annoying habit of using the phrase "somebody and I" for every occasion. Do you know what I am talking about? Other grammatical errors like ain't and "somebody and me" and "for who" are all acceptable to me because they are honest mistakes. But this incessant "so-and-so and I" thing is very annoying because someone incorrectly taught these ignoramuses a long time ago and they still don't know the correct usage. So, they think they are being correct and avoiding "so-and-so and me" but they are still wrong. Wrong!!! And that is annoying.
For example: "My teacher called my friend and I to the front of the class."
Let's break that down: "My teacher called my friend to the front of the class." Makes sense. But: "My teacher called I to the front of the class." Does that make sense? No, you stupid fuck.

No comments: